Event Program – essential reading
The window below is the official Event Program for the 2021 Otway Odyssey MTB Marathon and is essential reading for all riders and supporters attending on Saturday 20th February with schedule, course details, parking info and more.
Index to other information below:
- Event Location
- Event Expo
- Competitor Registration & Race Plate Postage
- Shuttle Bus Information
- Competitor Services
Forrest Football Ground, Forrest VIC – Event Expo
The Forrest Football Ground is located on Yaugher Road, 1.5km north of the township of Forrest (VIC) and hosts the following features of the event:
- Race Registration
- Start and Finish line for 50km, 30km, 10km and Groms events
- Note, 100km start line at Apollo Bay for 2021 – shuttles available
- Event and Bike Industry Expo (for riders, their families and spectators!) – food, drinks, kids entertainment, live music and much more
- Intermediary points on the 100km, 50km and 30km MTB races – great for spectating as riders come through
Forrest (VIC) is located approximately 2hrs from Melbourne with the quickest route is via Geelong and Winchelsea. Forrest is a 40 minute drive from Apollo Bay and 25 minutes from Colac.
Apollo Bay VIC – 100km Start line
Apollo Bay is a coastal town located on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria (about 2hrs40mins from Melbourne). Forrest is a 40min drive to Apollo Bay and hosts the following features of the event:
- Last minute registration for the 100km
- 100km Otway Odyssey Start Line
- Shuttles will be available between Forrest and Apollo Bay
Event and Bike Industry Expo and Festival
The Forrest Football Ground will host an array of excitement throughout race registration on Friday afternoon and during racing on the Saturday and Sunday, including:
- Race registration and plate collection
- Sponsors displays and demo gear
- Coffee, food, drinks and other sustenance
- Silver Bullet Bar from the Forrest Brewery
- Kids entertainment (eg, urban upcycle craft, jumping castle)
- Live music and MC commentary
- On site bike shop for repairs and last minute needs
- CLIF BAR Fuel Station
All riders must collect their number plate before the start of your race (unless you paid for your number plate to be posted to you). You can arrange for a friend to collect your number plate for you.
- All riders (MTB and GOGG): Friday between 3:30pm and 7:30pm at Forrest
- 100km riders: Late registration on Saturday 6:00am – 6:45am at Apollo Bay
- 50km riders: Late registration on Saturday 6:15am – 7:15am at Forrest
- 30km riders: Late registration on Saturday 10:00am – 11:15am at Forrest
- Grommet riders: Registration and entries on Saturday 12:00pm – 1:15pm at Forrest
- 10km riders: Registration and entries on Saturday 2:00pm – 3:30pm and on Sunday 7:00am – 9:30am at Forrest
Shuttle Bus Information
Shuttle buses with bike trailers will be provided for 100km riders on Saturday for transport between Forrest and Apollo Bay. Shuttle Buses will be at an additional cost to the entry fee and must be pre-booked. However we recommend that you use your own support crew or arrange your own car shuffle; if not, then these buses are available for competitors.
Bus Departure Times
Morning (pre-race): Forrest township to Apollo Bay Start line – 3 buses and bike trailers. PRE BOOKINGS ONLY.
- Time: 5:45 AM departing from the Forrest Township opposite the Brewery
- Cost: approx $20
Afternoon (post-race): Forrest (Finish line) to Apollo Bay – multiple buses with bike trailers will be running, departing every 30mins. PRE-BOOKINGS ONLY.
- Times (approx.):
- Buses will depart approx every 30 minutes from 1:00PM until approx 5:00PM from the Forrest Football Club
- Cost: approx $20
To help you have a hassle-free time at the Otway Odyssey, the following services are provided to competitors:
Hydration and Nutrition drop offs
50km and 30km MTB riders: You can pre-place your own hydration / nutrition alongside the race chute in the Football Ground ready for you to collect during the race.
100km MTB Riders:
- 40km point at Noonday Tk / Kaangalang Rd junction: Water bottle/food bag drop off point. *
- 50km point at top of West Barwon Dam Rd: Water bottle/food bag drop off point *
- 64km point at Forrest Football Oval: Water bottle/food bag drop off point
- 84km point in Yaugher: Water bottle/food bag drop off point *
* Rapid Ascent will take your hydration / nutrition to these points for you. Details are explained in the event program here.
On site bike mechanic
A bike repair shop (No Limit Cycle Repairs) will be available at the venue to provide any last minute bike mechanical work (reasonable rates charged). Open Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.