EVENT PROGRAM: The window below is the official Event Program for the 2020 Otway Odyssey MTB marathon and is essential reading for all competitors with schedule, course details, maps and more. PDF Download available HERE.
Index to information below:
- Event Location
- Event Expo
- Competitor Registration & Race Plate Postage
- Competitor Services
- Clothing storage
- Hydration/Nutrition drop
- Bike mechanic
- Bike wash
Forrest Football Ground, Forrest VIC – Start/Finish for all races.
The Forrest Football Ground is located on Yaugher Road, 1.5km north of the township of Forrest (VIC) and hosts the following features of the event:
- Race Registration
- Start and Finish line for all Otway Odyssey MTB events
- Event and Bike Industry Expo (for riders, their families and spectators!) – food, drinks, kids entertainment, live music and much more
- Intermediary points on the 100km, 50km and 30km MTB races – great for spectating as riders come through
Forrest (VIC) is located approximately 2hrs from Melbourne with the quickest route is via Geelong and Winchelsea. Forrest is a 40 minute drive from Apollo Bay and 25 minutes from Colac.
Event and Bike Industry Expo and Festival
The Forrest Football Ground will host an array of excitement throughout race registration on Friday afternoon and during racing on the Saturday and Sunday, including:
Race plate collection, and collection of pre-purchased merchandise items will be held during the following times at the Forrest Football ground:
- Sponsors displays and demo gear
- Coffee, food, drinks and other sustenance
- Silver Bullet Bar from the Forrest Brewery
- Kids entertainment (eg, face painting, jumping castle)
- Live music and MC commentary
- On site bike shop for repairs and last minute needs
- CLIF BAR Fuel Station
Friday 21 February 2020 – all riders in all races:
- 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday 22 February 2020
- 6:00am – 6:45am: 100km riders
- 6:45am – 7:45am: 50km riders
- 8:30am – 9:00am: 30km riders
Saturday 22 February 2020
- 12:00pm – 1:15pm: Grommet Riders (Kids 3-8years)
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm: 10km riders
To help you have a hassle-free time at the Otway Odyssey, the following services are provided to competitors:
A bag drop will be available near the registration marquee – we’ll look after your clothing whilst you are out racing! Valuables left at owners risk.
Hydration and Nutrition drop offs
100km, 50km and 30km MTB riders only: You can pre-place your own hydration / nutrition alongside the race chute in the Football Ground ready for you to collect during the race.
On site bike mechanic
A bike repair shop (No Limit Cycle Repairs) will be available at the venue to provide any last minute bike mechanical work (reasonable rates charged). Open Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.